We've all heard that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. What you might not be aware of is that apple cider vinegar has some incredible benefits, as well.
1) It helps limit carbohydrate-digesting enzymes, allowing the body to digest more sugars and starches. When these sugars and starches are not digested, it can lead to a spike in blood sugar levels.
2) It's a great remedy for itchy skin caused by eczema, psoriasis, and even bug bites. Dilute 1/4 c ACV in 1 c water and apply with a cotton ball.
3) Blending equal parts ACV and water in a spray bottle and spritzing it on your scalp helps regulate the ph of the scalp and eliminate dandruff.
4) ACV boosts energy with potassium and enzymes. It also counters the build up of lactic acid caused by exercise and stress, which can cause fatigue.
5) A blend of 1 t ACV and 1/2 c water, applied to the skin with a cotton ball, helps reduce bacteria, exfoliate, and soften skin, reducing acne and rosacea.
6) Gargling with equal parts ACV and water can combat bad breath and relieve the pain of a sore throat.
7) Apple cider vinegar cleanses the lymph nodes and breaks up mucus in the body. This, in turn, can reduce sinus congestion and help the body defend against the flu virus.
8) The high levels of acetic and malic acid in ACV have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Balancing the intestinal flora helps strengthen the immune system.
9) When taken before meals, apple cider vinegar helps break protein into amino acids, such as tryptophan. This helps release seratonin and melatonin in the system, boosting the mood and improving the quality of sleep.
10) ACV balances the acidity in the stomach, helping the body absorb nutrients and combating heartburn and acid reflux.