Affinity Acupuncture is happy to announce our partnership with Knead a Hand, LMT, a network of highly skilled massage therapists available for customized massage therapy. William and massage therapists of Knead a Hand, LMT offer a wide variety of massage services to our clients. We have male and female LMTs available for prenatal, Swedish, Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Raindrop Technique, Lymphatic Drainage Technique, Indian Scalp Massage, and much more. Call 615-939-2787 to learn more.
If you or someone you know is having a difficult time getting pregnant, acupuncture is a highly effective technique to either increase fertility on its own or as a compliment to IVF treatments. Recent studies referenced in the article below show higher success rates of pregnancy and live birth for women who add acupuncture to IVF or use acupuncture instead of clomifene (clomid, omifene).
At Affinity Acupuncture, we have helped a significant number of women with fertility complications. Additionally, acupuncture treatments are highly effective for pregnancy-related nausea, physical discomfort, and much more. We also offer prenatal and postnatal massage on a pregnancy table, allowing future mommies to comfortably lay on their stomachs. To learn more about how we can help you or a loved one, call 615-939-2787 today to set up a free consultation.
Fresh herbs are a great compliment to all of the wonderful summer produce that’s out there. Cilantro leaves are a tasty addition that provide some great health benefits, too.
1) Antioxidant properties are wonderful for protecting against degenerative diseases.
2) It’s rich in quercetin, dietary fiber, iron, manganese, magnesium, folic acid, vitamin C, and niacin.
3) Cilantro has anti-anxiety effects, and can help improve sleep.
4) Can lower blood sugar, which is incredibly helpful for people living with or at risk of developing diabetes.
5) Worried about heavy metals in your diet? Cilantro binds to metals, loosening them from tissues and flushing them from the body. This, along with the folic acid content, make cilantro wonderful for pregnant women.
6) Cilantro is a wonderful digestive aid, reducing gas and nausea and aiding in digestion.
Here is one of our favorite recipes using cilantro. This side salad is wonderful with fish tacos or grilled chicken, lean beef, and pork.
Summer Corn Salad
1 c corn kernels
1 c black beans (canned or rehydrated)
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, diced
Small bunch cilantro, minced
1/4 red onion, diced
1/2 lemon, juice
Splash of extra virgin olive oil
1 t Kosher salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, squeezing the juice from the 1/2 lemon on top. Mix together and store for at least 1 hour so the flavors blend together, and enjoy.